Telework allows employees to work from a remote location, while maintaining communication with managers, colleagues, and customers. Telework offers many benefits to both employers and employees:
- Improved employee retention
- Reduced recruiting and training costs
- Improved productivity
- Reduced office space cost
- Reduced overhead
Telework Baltimore strives to reduce both traffic congestion and air pollution by helping employers realize the benefits of a formal telework program.
State of Maryland Resources
Through its Commuter Choice Maryland program and Department of Budget & Management, the State of Maryland has made several resources available to the public to support telework options:
- A Guide to Telework for Employers
- COVID 19: Managing Anxiety While Working Remotely
- COVID 19: Working at Home with Kids
BMC offers a number of free materials that can help employers establish telework programs:
- Telework, Frequently Asked Questions: This Q&A can calm your fears about telework.
- Telework Myths: Separate telework fact from fiction.
- Telework Resources: Other websites that might help.
- Be a Telework Champion: A guide on how and what to present in a telework proposal to your employer.