Unified Planning Work Program
The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is a document that identifies the transportation studies and tasks to be performed by Baltimore Metropolitan Council staff or one of the local jurisdiction members. The UPWP reflects federal planning requirements with local priorities, therefore content reflects issues relevant to the Baltimore region. These priorities are described in the Introduction of the UPWP.
The UPWP contains several sections:
- The planning tasks and studies that will be conducted over the upcoming two-year period.
- All federally funded transportation studies as well as all relevant state and local planning activities conducted without federal funds
- Funding sources identified for each project
- A schedule of activities
- The agency responsible for each task or study
The UPWP is now developed every two years beginning in December and approved in April, and is the result of continued cooperation among State (specifically transportation, air quality and planning agencies), local and regional entities. Work programs are prepared with the involvement of these organizations, acting through the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board for the Baltimore region and its subcommittee structure. The work program begins in July of a given year and ends the following June.
In keeping with the proactive public involvement spirit of federal legislation, all draft work programs are released to the public for a 30-day review and comment opportunity.
- FY 2018 and 2019 Comments welcome through March 21, 2017!
- Updated FY 2017 UPWP
- FY 2016 and 2017
- FY 2015 UPWP
- FY 2014 UPWP
- FY 2013 UPWP
For more information:
Regina Aris, email@example.com or 410-732-9572